In QlikView you can connect to variety of datasources.
QlikView can connect to ODBC,OLEDB,XML datasources. You can also connect to cloud datasources like SalesForce.com.
In this excercise i want to show you how to connect to an excel file in QlikView.
To learn how to load excel file in QlikSense visit Creating first QlikSense application
- Create new Qlikview document or use existing document
- click on edit script on the tool bar menu
- Inside the script editor choose option for Table files
- Browse to your file and open
- Use file wizard if you want to make any changes to your file
- Give table name to your load script. Qlikview will use this table name to identify your table
- Load data
- Verify by creating a sheet object
Watch my video for more details